Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Some say its a "Good Luck"

It was almost 9 PM on the night of 14th July 2014, Monday. After having a sumptuous diner at my friend's place, I came walking home and as usual there were so many street dogs howling everywhere. I was walking by the side of the road. I came across one meat shop "Canine Meat Shop". There were canines (Dogs) by that meat shop and they started barking.  I always used to pass from there and I was unaware of the Dogs. I kept walking when suddenly a dog out of nowhere bit me. I felt something bit me and when i looked back, it was a dog. He ran. I could not do anything and I kept walking although little pain.

Then I called my friend and asked her to accompany me to the hospital. I was very nervous because it was the first time being bitten by the dog. She was very much shocked too and walked out instantly and her brother, who was inside a car outside, drove us to hospital. Her sister in law told me, not to worry because it is a good luck and it means all my bad things will me removed. I also remembered an old story which says- dogs bark usually to drive away the evils and when they bite or bark at us, it means they see evils with us and they are trying to drive away. I was content because of such old believes.  

We were in the hospital in just five minutes. There were so many people waiting for registration at the emergency ward. I was having pain and luckily there was no bleeding. My pants might have played a vital role there because it was not torn by those furious fangs. But I got two wounds, a very deep one. I could see the blood clot at the surface of the wounds. I finally got registered and was afraid of getting delayed if it was a rabid dog. Waited so long patiently and there on the door I read something like "Waiting is good, wait until the ones who are serious are being treated...blah blah...” So I thought yeah let them get treated first. So waited patiently and there were so many registrations done. Finally doctor came and announced “we will send in depending on the severity of the case". He called first the one with Cat bite; he was 3 year old boy with Mom. They did not require any treatment, they were given some advises and sent. Next they called me, and then I realized I am serious case too. I went there and Doctor advised me to wash my wounds on running water with soap, get injections at a regular interval. I thanked him and got into the cabin where a sister awaits patient. She gave two doses of injections. I experienced the pain of injection after a long period of time, it was painful but bearable. She also gave the schedule for next four doses of injection. I went home, washed my wounds as advised and slept with pain of wounds plus two doses of injections on each hand. The next day it was bit better. Thanks to the free health care system in Bhutan, I am waiting for next dose of injections, Sister said " do not miss a single dose, if you do, you have to start it again from the first dose" I won’t miss it, because it is painful starting all over again.

  


No comments:

Post a Comment

comments ..