Saturday, January 24, 2015

The Love and Affection

I just got up and after having freshened up I got into kitchen to brew a cup of tea for myself. I live in second floor of a building and just a meter or two behind is a wall which is at a level of my kitchen’s window. Whenever I prepare something inside kitchen, I always used to throw some food on top of that wall so that some animals like dogs and other small insects could feed on. I did this because once I saw a dog watching me expectantly while I was cooking. I fed him and since then I started keeping a share on that wall.

 This time it was different. I was brewing tea and when I looked out of window, I saw a mother dog and a puppy. Puppy was feeding on bones that I have thrown the previous day and mother dog was watching the puppy dog eat. The puppy looked healthy but a mother was like as if she hasn’t taken anything for long. I fed her with another slice of meat from my refrigerator; it was snatched from her mouth by that puppy. She did not refuse but gave it with her mouth watering a lot. I could not resist seeing this and gave her another. She took it but did not swallow. She kept in her mouth and walked away. I thought she might have it for herself peacefully moving away from her puppy. After a while a mother dog came and this time with another puppy. The meat that I fed her, she took it to that puppy after having made sure that the first puppy gets the food. Three of them were looking at me again and I knew it by their looks that they are asking for food. I threw another slice of meat (pork) and this time I made sure a mother eats. I gave them one each. Finally she could eat one.

I was taken aback by that action of a mother dog. Although she was hungry, she made sure that her puppies get the food first. I was thinking, will those puppies when they grow up, will they ever take care of their mother? Will they find her food when she can’t find for herself? Mother’s love is unconditional and nothing in this world can match with the love of a mother. That love and affection of mother is priceless. Please god; help all mothers on earth live happily and peacefully.                                                                                                                                                                                                                
*******END*******

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments ..