Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Thoughts as Time Pass-by

We are bound by different thoughts and our thoughts differ each day.  The thoughts that you have had many years back may not be the same today except for few. My thoughts kept changing with time, but now when I look back, many thoughts are still just thoughts and I was not able to accomplish all. So what always baffled me was the thought of how useful our thoughts were and are? When I was first enrolled in the school in 1995 in Mongar, I never thought of becoming anyone in the future at first, but as time passed by different thoughts came in.

Teachers started talking about career education in our lower classes and we are made to tell at least one ambition. Many responded, some doctors, some engineers, many teachers and few said educated farmer proudly. It was my turn and I was reluctant to say my ambition as I didn’t have one then. I flipped through pages of the text book and I found a monk with a bell and a small drum in his hands, I stood up and said “I want to become Lama (A religious man)”, many giggled, I sat with little blush. Since then it became my ambition and many started calling me lama Karma at one time. I even told my parents that I want to join the monk body but somehow it got dissolved. As I climbed the ladder of education, the thought of becoming monk got erased from my mind. So one more time I was left without ambition. Then I just thought of doing degree. By then I was in high school, many of my friends were nagging me to tell my ambition, many were telling me that I would become doctor just because I was good at biology sometimes in the class. Even I aspired to become doctor then. So I studied well and I got chance to pursue science in my higher secondary education.

When I was in class twelve, I still had a thought of becoming doctor at the beginning. Times passed by and as the year drew to an end my dreams were shattering. After the trial examinations the thought of becoming doctor perished from my mind and thereafter I just thought to be a graduate, a thought that I once had in lower classes. I did BHSE (Bhutan Higher Secondary Education) and you know what happened, I thought I would just qualify for B.Ed (Bachelors of Education), by then not even the college as I aspired. So I was waiting for the results hopefully. I qualified for all professional courses, the only problem was, and I was not selected for anyone as there were very little slots. So I applied for degree in Sherubtse College and thankfully I got with much difficulty there. Then I thought I have accomplished one of my thoughts. Again something came into my mind, what do I do after graduation? Many thoughts arose, at one point I thought of becoming officer in the field of forestry, agriculture and environment. At other point I thought of becoming a police officer and sometimes a lecturer too. Sometimes I use to think hap what hap may, ever ready to take up whatever that comes my way. I had to appear BCS Exams and my dream was to get through BCSE and get RIM and work as an officer with full dedication! I got through and did PGDPA (Post Graduate Diploma in Public Administration) in RIM (Royal Institute of Management). I accomplished another few thoughts.

I have learnt that we have to have many big thoughts from the beginning, only then we will be able to achieve few at the end. For example, if we want our arrow to land at the mountain top, we have to aim at star. So aim for the best and reap the better results in life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments ..