Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Gadgets; I Am Not Born With

I still remember the times when I along with few other friends used to watch TV through a netted window on our way home from school. We would spend hours enjoying the movie and reach home late talking about the just watched movie along the way. During weekends, I would be very happy and work as fast as I could when my mom say "we will go and watch TV at our neighbor's place after completing all works " and our neighbor's place is about two kilometers away from my home. On weekends, we would spend whole night watching TV even if there is nothing interesting to watch at neighbor's place. We would be ready to do anything just to watch TV. It was then in late 90's. 

As time passed-by, we grew civilized. That was the time we stopped watching TV through windows and rarely went to other's places to watch it. Moreover, we had to study a lot and became more responsible to help our parents after school. When we were in schools, we were for the first time introduced to computer in a computer Lab. Fortunately we used to have one class a week and would feel like magic playing with power point slide transition effects and word arts. We were also threaten by our teacher that we are not supposed to touch anything anywhere and would say, "You can't buy it even if you sell yourself". Frankly speaking, I could not learn anything from that class under such threatening warnings. 

When I was in college, I could hardly put on and shut down the computer. When in college, we used to have three classes a week and learned many basics. I managed just to pass (51 marks) in computer exam when in first semester and 50 was the cut-off point. Three hours computer exam were like in hell for me. I could hardly finish a question in an hour having to look for words on the keyboard and typing with one hand. At one point of time during internal exam, at the last minute, I thought I saved my work but I don't where did I click, I lost all my data, even my lecturer could not retrieve it and to my relief he rated me based on what he has been observing me for last three hours. He told me "I have seen you working". That was like; you know how one would feel. It was in 2010, my friend created a facebook account for me and only then, I started to learn facebook. As time passed by, I learned so easily the facebook and chatting helped me increase my typing speed. Aiding to this, having to submit many typewritten projects and assignments, I improved my typing skills drastically.  

I got my first mobile phone when I completed class 12 in the year 2007. I had to have one because I had to go to college then and I got my laptop when I was preparing for the RCSC in the year 2011. I don't still have a car. 

This was how I got introduced to various gadgets in my life. I really had a tough time moving at par with my other mates. The children at present are born with gadgets. It has become their toys. A year or two old children know more about computers and mobile phones than I had known when I was in college. The present generation is no more interested in TV; they demand ipad, ipod, iphone and many other smart gadgets. They demand car, not a toy car but a real driving car. Since they are born with these gadgets and they grow up with these, they will not face any problems in future and the exposure to outer world is high. These even have side effects if not used properly. If not properly being monitored by parents, there are chances that the children being carried away by these technologies and land up getting nowhere in future. Therefore, it is the parent's duty if the kids are small and it is one's own duty if you are adult enough to use the gadgets effectively and in a productive manner. 

I do not no whether I was lucky or not to have brought up in a gadget free society. However thanks to my parents, teachers and government for having provided me with this wonderful education in life where I am now not worst if not best in using these useful gadgets in day to day life. 

3 comments:

  1. Developing trees for benefit is a perfect low maintenance or full-time business for any individual who wishes to work for themselves and appreciates being outside working with plants. Trees are a significant and renewable asset that might be created in a little patio or land. Best of all, trees are not an occasional harvest like blooms or vegetables.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is dependably a decent time to plant a patio nursery! For those worried about the rising prices of new create, developing your own particular is a decent alternative. You can begin a patio nursery whenever of the year and harvest your first product maybe a couple a great many. Developing your own particular greenhouse will give you genuine feelings of serenity, ought to sustenance costs rise past your range.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking for reliable hidden spy gadgets in Delhi? Find the best selection at Spy World - a leading provider of cutting-edge surveillance equipment. Explore now! For any query: Call us at 8800809593 | 8585977908.

    ReplyDelete

comments ..