Monday, June 30, 2014

Positive Attitude Pays

It was spring but was still cold in Thimphu. As discussed over phone, I was waiting outside my friend's house to go for a usual evening walk. It was chilling cold and having to wait a bit longer, I could not keep on standing, so knelt down to ease pain.

I was looking at the busy traffic on the road below unconsciously counting the number of vehicles plying up and down. I felt something moving behind me. I did not see anyone or anything coming, it was so silent with only the sound of gearing engines. At one time I could not look back at once, and then I thought my friend might have come to scare me. So consciously I turned back and found no one. My heart beat raced, gave me goose bumps and suddenly got up to look back what it was. To my relief, there it was lying so helplessly and was looking at me so innocently. That look it gave me was like an orphan child, so invoking as if it was to ask me a favor. Then I bent down to touch it and was so happy that it wagged it is short tail and started to lick my hand. It looked hungry and was shivering as if drenched in rain. I patted gently and sat down to my usual position and waited patiently for my friend. 

It slowly leaned against me, I could feel the warmth of its body. I could not shoo out as it always gave me that innocent look. It was sleeping so comfortably against me and stopped shivering too. The passersby would look at us and murmur and smile. I sat their indifferently. My friend would come anytime, and I have to walk away leaving by itself again, I thought. This would hurt my little friend. Then I called my friend who was supposed to get ready in five minutes and asked her to get some cookies for my little friend as I did not carry a penny in my pocket.   

Soon she came with a packet of cookies. I made it into small pieces and gave it to my little friend. There were bigger dogs around and I had to guard my little friend till it gave me a satisfactory look. This was my little friend and that was the look he gave me when we first met, so innocent. 

He has come to get himself warmed up by sleeping against me in that cold evening. He was not like the pets, he was not clean yet he was very much humble and innocent. He was very much sure that he can influence me by his innocent look and he was successful in doing that! I could not shoo… him away. While he was still busy with the cookies we left and I with the content heart looked back to see him walking back perhaps to a place where he came from.


No comments:

Post a Comment

comments ..